Polygiene (publ.) Year End report 2020
25 February 2021 Regulatory Information
Q4 IN BRIEF
- The best quarter ever with a net sales of 26.6 (19.0) and a positive growth by 40 % compared to the same period last year.
- The operating profit/loss EBIT amounted to MSEK -2.4 (-2.2).
- The non-recurring costs associated with the acquisition of Addmaster affected the result with MSEK -2.6.
- The gross margin amounted to 64.9 (68.7) %.
- The period has a currency effect, net MSEK -1.4.
- Despite the non-recurring costs, the cash flow is improved compared to the same quarter last year, MSEK -3.1 (-4.9)
EVENTS DURING Q4 2020 (OCTOBER-DECEMBER)
- Starting in October 2020, Polygiene® will treat Marks & Spencer’s kitchen towels. The towel is treated with Polygiene Stays Fresh antimicrobial technology and is part of M & S globally distributed core programs. The yearly forecasted order value of the kitchen towels is USD 75,000.
- BEDGEAR® is a US leader in bedding. Together with Polygiene they now announce the new Germ Shield® Protector that incorporates a lab tested antimicrobial technology that inhibits 99% of microbes and germs. This is part of BEDGEAR’s longstanding commitment to provide sleepers with clean and safe products that deliver a healthy sleep environment. Central to the Germ Shield Protector is Polygiene’s proven technology that suppresses the build-up of germs, bacteria and odor.
- Your mop cleans the house, but who cleans the mop? HSP Hanse Shopping launches a new range of such products, all treated with Polygiene’s ViralOff®, which will destroy over 99 % of SARS-CoV-2, other viruses and bacteria in two hours in the material. This reduces the need to wash in hot water or even discard them, out of concern for viruses and other microbes. The products are intended for the mass market in Europe and North America, through supermarkets and other mass retailoutlet, to be made available at over 50,000 retail stores in Europe and almost 100,000 retail stores in the US.
- New Canadian partner Stormtech®, with presence in Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific, Russia and Middle East, is launching face covers with Polygiene ViralOff in the form of masks, gaiters and bandanas. The initial order is 500,000 pieces and demand for these masks and face covers has been high from the start.
- Polygiene is launching its newly developed formula of ViralOff with lifetime of garment washability1, proving performance against SARS-CoV-2 with over 99% reduction of microbes in the material within two hours2. This also results in longer lasting products, which means a reduced impact on the environment.
The new formula is being applied by a number of partners already and available for high volume deliveries in January 2021.
- Itoki co., Ltd. is growing their partnership with Polygiene and releasing five new collections of office furniture with Polygiene ViralOff.
- Polygiene presented its new partner Inner Fashion from Thailand, a renowned producer and distributor of men’s and underwear from the brands Pierre Cardin and Valentino Rudy. The launch will include several styles treated with Polygiene Stays Fresh technology. With a yearly forecast of 300,000 pieces. Additionally, facemasks for Pierre Cardin with Polygiene ViralOff will be launched in December.
- Body Doctor specializes in eye-care, eyelid hygiene products and have transformed the market for eye compresses and continues to establish a pedigree of bringing innovation to the sector with an antibacterial fabric thanks to the partnership with Polygiene. In addition, Body Doctor launched their AB+ face masks with Polygiene ViralOff antimicrobial technology in December and additionally have gained the distinction of Class I Medical Device certification for their products.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER Q4
- Polygiene AB has completed January 8, the previously announced acquisition of Addmaster Holdings Limited. The acquisition was announced in a press release on December 10, 2020.
- Polygiene’s subsidiary Addmaster contributes to the CAT® launch of the first fully antimicrobial mobile phone. British Addmaster Holdings Limited is since January 8, 2021, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Polygiene with specialist skills within antimicrobial technology and hard surfaces. The company has a range of products for this kind of applications, found in consumer products, public spaces as well as in hospital environments and more. According to a press release published by Addmaster January 21.
- January 26, Casall in collaboration with Polygiene launches a completely unique training glove treated with Polygiene ViralOff technology. The treatment has in an ISO18184:2019 test shown a reduction of virus by over 99% within 2 hours on treated materials. The test has been performed on the SARS-CoV-2 virus, causing COVID-19, among other viruses.
1 Lifetime of garment washability is set to 30 washes.
2 Polygiene ViralOff® is proven to reduce tested viruses by over 99% on the material within two hours as per international standard test ISO18184:2019 on SARSCoV-2. Washing made according to standard BS EN ISO 105–C08 (polyester).
This information is information that Polygiene AB (publ.) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact set out below, at 08.00 CET on February 25th, 2021.
Ulrika Björk, CEO
Mobile: +46 (0) 70 921 12 75
Subscribe here to get reports, press releases and newsletters:http://ir.polygiene.com/en/press/subscribe/