Polygiene AB (publ.) Interim Report 1 April–30 June 2020
27 August 2020 Regulatory Information
Q2 in brief
- Positive growth due to increased net sales by 37.4 % during the quarter compared to the same period last year and amounted to MSEK 17.3 (12.6).
- The operating profit/loss before tax for the period has improved compared to the same period last year and amounted to MSEK -1.1 (-5.4).
- The gross margin has decreased at 70.3 (72.1) %.
- Cash flow remained unchanged of the second quarter, MSEK 0.0 (-2.2).
Events during Q2 2020 (Aril-June)
- In connection with the launch of ViralOff the company strengthens the organization with Andreas Holm who will focus on the new product and the inquiries that are pouring in. Andreas latest assignment was in the role as Nordic & Baltic Sales Director for Thule Group AB.
- JCT Limited, one of India’s largest composite textile mills, has partnered with Polygiene AB to launch VB-GO® Hazmat Suits, Face Masks and Coveralls, all of which will have the functionality of Polygiene ViralOff® Antiviral Treatment Technology.
- Polygiene partner since 2009, Maloja was able to adapt their EU production facility and make available a consumer face mask with ViralOff. The brand will have two styles available, starting with the launch of their Reusable Mask 2.0 in May. Later, Maloja will have an additional offering with the Reusable Mask 3.0 that will include their well-known and loved pattern making designs.
- Spanish partner, General Tactic who provides apparel and textiles for first responders in Spain and North America, has also quickly adapted and is producing ViralOff treated masks for these servicemen and women.
- Additional European adapters include fellow German brand, Everbasics that launched a scarf design that will provide coverage for the nose and mouth. Polish brand, Lekko has quickly adapted their offering to now include ViralOff and has multiple options for protecting yourself when in environments where you need to be more careful. Others include, Spira Protekta from Germany and UK provider, Screenworks that will launch a facemask and neck gaiter option.
- Outside of Europe, Polygiene has launched with Litume in Tawain and new brand Airgill in South Korea, as well as JCT Limited in India where ViralOff is used in personal protection equipment and facemasks. In North America, partner ASRV has switched their apparel production to fulfil the need for masks and for every mask sold, will donate one to health care workers and first responders. Over 12,000 have already been donated.
Polygiene Technology in Dictation Solutions from Olympus® Professional Audio. Olympus Professional Audio offers anti-microbial and alcohol-wipe-resistant dictation solutions that can reduce exposure for those on the frontline of the COVID-19 outbreak. Doctors, lawyers and detectives are just a few of the professionals who may benefit from Olympus’ commitment to making lives healthier and safer.
Marzotto Group in Italy, partners with Polygiene - the global leader in stays fresh technologies, to “relaunch” the fashion industry with ViralOff application on their natural fiber textiles, such as wool, linen and cotton.
- Indian brand Carbonado launches AerFit NEO respirators with Polygiene ViralOff® textile treatment technology. The company will place orders in volumes of 500,000 to one million (1,000,000) respirators in the coming three to six months and has a broad distribution network of multiple retail chains in India, the Bplugd webstore and Amazon, among others.
- Polygiene has partnered with Royal Enfield Apparel to create a new range including helmets, t-shirts, balaclavas, neck- and headgear, riding jackets and gloves, etc.
- Milano Colori launches next generation sprays, gels and napkins from an industry consortium against Corona, all with Polygiene ViralOff. By combining traditional sanitizers with new technology, including Polygiene’s ViralOff, hand gels, sanitary napkins and sprays both for objects and rooms will provide both short-term and long-term effects against viruses and bacteria.
- The Indian brand EZMA, the specialist luxury Cashmere Division of the ESSMA Group, will now offer ViralOff treated cashmere products, starting with a range of scarves.
- Eco Park, leading manufacturer of branded handbags, is teaming up with Polygiene. They will make bags with ViralOff treatment for viral reduction on the materials.
- Diesel Sports is working with Polygiene from SS21 with Stays Fresh for the majority of their collection, and for some products also with ViralOff. Diesel Jeans has signed a contract with Polygiene to work on ViralOff in unique combination with Odor Crunch for SS21 exclusively in several collections. The initial cooperation is for a minimum of five collections.
- Polygiene announces Polygiene ViralOff®+ with lifetime of garment washability. Even after 30 washes, the ViralOff+ treated products will reduce more than 99% of the viruses in two hours. The new formula will be available later in the fall as laboratory test availability and other factors are hard to predict during the ongoing crisis.
- Polygiene and Fossil are proud to declare cooperation around products that are often closely worn, frequently touched and therefore should be protected against microbial buildup. The focus will first be on the core business of ViralOff treated watches.
Significant events after Q2
Polygiene is overall winner in Scandinavian Outdoor Group (SOG) awards 2020! Each year the knowleadgeable and competent jury from the SOG reviews new products and technologies across several categories and this year Polygienes´ ViralOff was picked as the best new technology of the year and also declared overall winner of 2020!
This information is information that Polygiene AB (publ.) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08.00 CET on August 27, 2020.
Subscribe here to get reports, press releases and News:
For press images and more information, visit ir.polygiene.com or contact:
Nina Forsvall, CFO
Tel: +46 (0) 72 550 88 11
Ulrika Björk, CEO
Tel: +46 (0) 70 921 12 75